This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Improve check against integer wraparound in hcreate_r [BZ #18240]
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>, Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, <nd at arm dot com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2016 18:34:15 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Improve check against integer wraparound in hcreate_r [BZ #18240]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56A210C4 dot 80609 at redhat dot com> <56A42D78 dot 1030506 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <877fixs9or dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de> <56A6B883 dot 2070801 at cs dot ucla dot edu> <56A8F5C0 dot 2070307 at redhat dot com> <56AF8B5A dot 3050304 at arm dot com> <mvm37tc9xa8 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <56AFA413 dot 9010409 at redhat dot com>
On Mon, 1 Feb 2016, Florian Weimer wrote:
> On 02/01/2016 06:05 PM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> > Szabolcs Nagy <email@example.com> writes:
> >> i think the test-skeleton changes malloc behaviour
> >> in weird ways, but i'm not yet sure what's going on.
> > mallopt (M_PERTURB, 42);
> Yeah, this invalidates some of the malloc tests as well.
I suppose we should look back at the bulk conversions to test-skeleton.c,
to see if any tests were changed for which this is an issue?
Joseph S. Myers