This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Require at least Linux 2.6.33 on alpha
- From: Arkadiusz MiÅkiewicz <arekm at maven dot pl>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 31 Jan 2016 09:31:19 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Require at least Linux 2.6.33 on alpha
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5638E68E dot 8010003 at redhat dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1511031725510 dot 32240 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <201511031841 dot 07231 dot arekm at maven dot pl>
On Tuesday 03 of November 2015, Arkadiusz MiÅkiewicz wrote:
> On Tuesday 03 of November 2015, Joseph Myers wrote:
> > Does anyone have any more detailed information about when 2.6.32 will
> > cease to be maintained (<https://www.kernel.org/category/releases.html>
> > still says "Mid-2015")? Because at that point we should just move to 3.2
> > as minimum kernel version globally, avoiding such architecture-specific
> > special cases.
> "in a few months" (from september 2015)
"As a reminder, EOL for 2.6.32 is set to Feb 2016. "
Arkadiusz MiÅkiewicz, arekm / ( maven.pl | pld-linux.org )