This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Remove uses of operand modifier (%s) in inline asm
- From: David Edelsohn <dje dot gcc at gmail dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 09:29:58 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Remove uses of operand modifier (%s) in inline asm
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
>>>>> Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> GCC developers seems to have included this modifier back , should we really
> need it (is there a released version that do not support it)?
GCC restored the modifier because libc uses it in a public header and
GCC needs to provide backward compatibility while the modifier is
deprecated. There was no GCC release that lacked support for the
Please remove the use of the modifier in GLIBC. Please don't search
for reasons to preserve it.