Re: malloc: performance improvements and bugfixes

On Tue, Jan 26, 2016 at 01:22:41PM +0100, Torvald Riegel wrote:

> Could you describe the workloads you used to select / validate these
> changes?  While several of the items you listed might be generally
> useful, others are certainly workload-specific, at least as far as
> choices regarding trade-offs are concerned.

Think a single heavily multithreaded process consuming most of the
system, then make it latency-sensitive and you are pretty much there.

I think the hugepage stuff is pretty unique to us, but most of the rest
should apply to anything big and performance-sensitive.

Jörn

--
Indeed no one even takes up the study of arts and crafts merely for
the sake of knowledge, but all men do all they do for the resulting