Re: malloc: performance improvements and bugfixes

On Mon, 25 Jan 2016, Jörn Engel wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 25, 2016 at 04:50:44PM -0800, Paul Eggert wrote:
> > Thanks for doing all the work and bringing it to our attention. A couple of
> > comments on the process:
> >
> > On 01/25/2016 04:24 PM, Joern Engel wrote:
> > >I happen to prefer the kernel coding style over GNU coding style.
> >
> > Nevertheless, let's keep the GNU coding style for glibc. In some places the
> > existing code doesn't conform to that style but that can be fixed as we go.
>
> Agreed.  I thought I mentioned that this is a braindump and not a
> patchset for submission. ;)

And without a copyright assignment on file, people should only look at the
descriptions of issues found with glibc malloc in case those issues are
still applicable to current glibc malloc and so give ideas for improving
it, and avoid looking at the patches themselves.

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com