This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.23 -- Hard freeze follow ups
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: Florian Weimer <fw at deneb dot enyo dot de>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 18:39:12 -0200
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.23 -- Hard freeze follow ups
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56A68067 dot 6040307 at linaro dot org> <8737tls8or dot fsf at mid dot deneb dot enyo dot de>
On 25-01-2016 18:31, Florian Weimer wrote:
> * Adhemerval Zanella:
>> The next Feb 6 is also the final deadline freeze date, so I won't
>> expect nothing but critical CVE to being pushed.
> I would like to fix bug 18240 in this release. It's not critical, but
> we had an oversight, and the initial patch did not actually fix the
> bug. It's certainly not a critical security fix, but the challenge
> here is that we created the impression that we're going to fix it in
> 2.23 with my CVE request. If we don't manage to do that, it's going
> to be confusing to anyone who searches for CVE data.
Right, I see from comment 1 that you marked it as security issues and
I think it is worth to fix for 2.23 since patch being reviewed.