This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Fix dl-procinfo HWCAP
- From: Carlos Eduardo Seo <cseo at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2016 16:15:27 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Fix dl-procinfo HWCAP
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <569D2D7B dot 30101 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <56A663BE dot 9040906 at linaro dot org>
On 1/25/16 4:04 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
I think you should not it might be wrong for hwcap2, since the logic
is correct for hwcap1 (I assume this hitting the new fields for
No, this actually hits HWCAP1. If you look at hwcap.h, you will see:
#define PPC_FEATURE_PSERIES_PERFMON_COMPAT 0x00000040
#define PPC_FEATURE_TRUE_LE 0x00000002
There's a 4 bit gap between PPC_FEATURE_PSERIES_PERFMON_COMPAT and
PPC_FEATURE_TRUE_LE that has to be padded in _dl_powerpc_cap_flags.
The patch also assumes HWCAP1 is 64-bit long and all bits are filled,
which is true now (if you pad those vacant 4 bits).
Carlos Eduardo Seo
Software Engineer - Linux on Power Toolchain