This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] tst-malloc-thread-exit: run less aggressively
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: Chris Metcalf <cmetcalf at ezchip dot com>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2016 20:00:06 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] tst-malloc-thread-exit: run less aggressively
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1453233538-24029-1-git-send-email-cmetcalf at ezchip dot com> <569E96DC dot 4090409 at redhat dot com> <56A26836 dot 5020509 at redhat dot com>
On 01/22/2016 06:34 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> I haven't finished the mallopt approach. It seems that my mental model
> how the test works is wrong. Two threads with eight arenas appear to
> trigger the issue reliably, but I want to test on a larger machine as
> well, to make sure the test is any good there. The problem there is
> that I wasn't
… able to find sufficiently large box. That has now changed, and I can
confirm that the bug still reproduces with the changed test.
Chris, can you confirm that the tweaked test addresses your problem?
Then I'll send a real patch for review.