This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [patch] Fix "make check" failure to build on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at google dot com>, Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2016 17:16:51 -0500
- Subject: Re: [patch] Fix "make check" failure to build on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobPf=6Lc=1=ZTRK3SuRnfhQw1HChGg96MF_yWx=_iB7zLw at mail dot gmail dot com> <569D5563 dot 6030800 at linaro dot org> <CALoOobPjwsxzrek0hhF90B3V8YMikYnBSBXTu8TcsunOCKPZAQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <CALoOobMbqV-GZqfLh4PM8ku1x-QEgm8YkxnoLa=kA5GcSor1sg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On 01/18/2016 04:41 PM, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 1:24 PM, Paul Pluzhnikov <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 1:13 PM, Adhemerval Zanella
>> <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> Is this tied to an specific make/binutils/gcc version that only shows itself
>>> on Ubuntu 14.04?
>> That seems likely
> I looked some more. What's happening is that this gcc driver adds
> '--as-needed' at the beginning of the link command line. With that
> --as-needed there, the problem reproduces with current trunk binutils
> (and probably any other version of binutils).
> You should be able to reproduce this as well with:
> gcc -Wl,--as-needed ./foo.so t.c
> P.S. To be clear, I don't care if this patch goes in after the hard
> freeze is lifted, though it's trivially correct and may help anyone
> with similarly configured GCC.
This should go in now.