This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] fix #19444 - build failures with -O1 due to -Wmaybe-uninitialized
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 21:00:41 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix #19444 - build failures with -O1 due to -Wmaybe-uninitialized
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56968319 dot 3070802 at gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1601131740310 dot 17296 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOpBfq9q2X3+7GKe4APKuR6zPnzxDqsv86_aLAw+uN+vhg at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1601131756510 dot 17296 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOoHDQCOjs9HT-6fo5ayrLd-4d7VuyZa9xJMJkza9kE5Jg at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1601141802590 dot 9114 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOr4k5StujVk2vA8HyErJtrhoFvckrT9TtL=nxro4JdKFQ at mail dot gmail dot com> <alpine dot DEB dot 2 dot 10 dot 1601141845020 dot 9114 at digraph dot polyomino dot org dot uk> <CAMe9rOo6=zdf7=jUMTSzHSQ-q4TE1wMFHPR=PW8ygbvHwq1mdg at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Thu, 14 Jan 2016, H.J. Lu wrote:
> > Suppose you apply all Wilco's patches related to string inlines (including
> > those that remove many of them from bits/string2.h). Are there any
> His patch can't be applied since it contains odd characters.
Well, the patches should be reviewed. Presumably he has clean copies of
> > remaining references to _STRING_ARCH_unaligned in installed headers other
> > than the definition?
> > If so, what are they? If not, it should be moved out of installed headers
> > as I said (and bits/ is a namespace exclusively for installed headers).
> crypt/md5.c:#if !_STRING_ARCH_unaligned
This is a list of references outside installed headers. What I want is a
list inside such headers, after all relevant patches have been applied.
For example: there are lots of references in the installed header
bits/string2.h at present. So we can't move the macro out of installed
headers until those references go away. Does
with <https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-10/msg00265.html>, move
all those references to a .c file or not?
Joseph S. Myers