This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] fix #19444 - build failures with -O1 due to -Wmaybe-uninitialized
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 18:52:32 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] fix #19444 - build failures with -O1 due to -Wmaybe-uninitialized
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <56968319 dot 3070802 at gmail dot com>
Martin Sebor <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> +# GCC's -Wmaybe-uninitialized depends on optimization and is documented
> +# to issue false positives at -O1 (or lower). If -O1 or lower is found
> +# in CFLAGS, prevent such warnings from being treated as errors.
> +ifneq ($(filter-out -O -O1, $(CFLAGS)),$(CFLAGS))
That doesn't grasp the true effect of CFLAGS, since it is easy to get
multiple optimisation options into it.
Andreas Schwab, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."