This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 2/2] Initialize tunable list with the GLIBC_TUNABLES environment variable
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <sid at reserved-bit dot com>
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, roland at hack dot frob dot com, "Paul E. Murphy" <murphyp at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com>, Andi Kleen <andi at firstfloor dot org>
- Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2016 09:38:45 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 2/2] Initialize tunable list with the GLIBC_TUNABLES environment variable
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160111111719 dot GA4183 at devel dot intra dot reserved-bit dot com> <mvmd1t81axj dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de> <20160111144537 dot GA3334 at devel dot intra dot reserved-bit dot com> <5695BA23 dot 6080307 at redhat dot com> <20160113032725 dot GJ3334 at devel dot intra dot reserved-bit dot com>
Siddhesh Poyarekar <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> A single load (and constructor call) does not matter since there's
> nothing to race against. The case of concurrent constructor calls I
> mentioned in the following paragraph; the load lock is sufficient to
> protect it.
PR19448 is about removing that lock.
Andreas Schwab, SUSE Labs, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 0196 BAD8 1CE9 1970 F4BE 1748 E4D4 88E3 0EEA B9D7
"And now for something completely different."