This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] nsswitch: Add group merging support
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 20:24:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] nsswitch: Add group merging support
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1450278701-1787-1-git-send-email-sgallagh at redhat dot com> <20151229215854 dot GC25803 at vapier dot lan>
On 12/29/2015 04:58 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> I performed testing by running the getent utility against my newly-built
>> glibc and configuring /etc/nsswitch.conf with the following entry:
> what will it take to get tests into glibc itself ? ad-hoc testing is
> a great way for code to rot.
The way I'm going to test this is like so:
(a) Create two dummy nss modules: libnss_testmerge.so, which provide some
data, and a small API to change data sets on the fly for testing.
(b) A master test using __nss_configure_lookup to override /etc/nsswitch.conf
(This was news to me, but it's a public interface we provide which can
override any lookup).
Then you iterate over the group lookups and switch test data and verify results.
I should be able to finish this next week, and that should provide some formal
automation to our regression testsuite.
This is orthogonal to the addition of this feature though.