This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: malloc->backtrace->dlopen->malloc deadlock
- From: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <sid at reserved-bit dot com>
- Cc: "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2016 13:01:14 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: malloc->backtrace->dlopen->malloc deadlock
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160108233734 dot 1E2262C3C70 at topped-with-meat dot com> <20160109042506 dot GD30273 at devel dot intra dot reserved-bit dot com>
> Based on the backtrace in the bz, this looks like a different (and
> new) problem from #16159. The deadlock seems to be happening on the
> mtrace-internal LOCK and not the arena lock. We never attempted to
> fix that with #16159; our fix was limited to making malloc itself work
> and we never got to any use cases beyond that.
Carlos had previously raised a question about user-supplied malloc
implementations calling dlopen. That might be the case that seemed most
related to 16573. But I don't recall if there was a resolution to that.