This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 3/4] Consolidate pread/pread64 implementations
- From: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- To: Phil Blundell <pb at pbcl dot net>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 19:48:30 -0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/4] Consolidate pread/pread64 implementations
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1452187108-6504-1-git-send-email-adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org> <1452187108-6504-4-git-send-email-adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org> <20160107195245 dot GB25548 at vapier dot lan> <568ECAEE dot 9020602 at linaro dot org> <20160107205418 dot GE25548 at vapier dot lan> <568ED2AD dot 3000109 at linaro dot org> <20160108204336 dot GP25548 at vapier dot lan> <56902136 dot 3000201 at linaro dot org> <1452286939 dot 1933 dot 33 dot camel at pbcl dot net>
> Em 8 de jan de 2016, Ãs 19:02, Phil Blundell <firstname.lastname@example.org> escreveu:
>> On Fri, 2016-01-08 at 18:51 -0200, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> I did not say that, what I said is the 'cancellable' syscalls is not a
>> good idea to go in syscalls.list. You have duplicate logic (the assembly
>> macros) and one need to reimplement function calls in assembly (which
>> should be handled by C) while taking care of PIC and non-PIC.
> Can't you rework the syscalls.list code to auto-generate C rather than
> assembler for the cancellable cases?
This is a future work I am planning to do, which also I think is orthogonal of the target I am aiming with these changes (the cancellation rewrite).