This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: glibc 2.23 --- Release management and plan dates
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2016 15:00:20 -0500
- Subject: Re: glibc 2.23 --- Release management and plan dates
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <568C0BF4 dot 9000206 at linaro dot org>
On 01/05/2016 01:31 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> As discussed in IRC channel with Carlos O'Donnel I volunteered myself as
> the release manager for upcoming 2.23 version.
> We also discussed briefly with the dates for the slush/soft and hard
> freeze and initial plan is:
> * Jan 11th is the soft/slush freeze.
> * Jan 18th is the hard freeze.
> * Feb 18th is release date.
> As usual please update the release wiki  with blockers and desirables
> features. I would like also to ask you to start preparations for build
> and test issues updates for wiki completion.
> Florian, as noted in the wiki you volunteered for the security and bugs
> information for NEWS. Do you have any upcoming or pending update?
> Joseph, I noted you have updated both the copyright and some upstream
> miscellaneous sources. Do you have any more upcoming work related?
> For remaining work for 2.23 release I would ask you to both reply this
> thread and update the wiki.
>  https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.23
Plan looks good to me. Thank you for the RM work!
As always I'm here to help with any step of the process.