This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v3] explicit_bzero yet again
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>, Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>, Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 09:22:49 -0800
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v3] explicit_bzero yet again
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <564DE0BE dot 5070607 at panix dot com> <20151119155533 dot GT3818 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <566593F4 dot 8040108 at panix dot com> <5665A353 dot 2080006 at arm dot com> <CAKCAbMjLfKgFGSxmjChQeBVnALDa9aEaKASYjWnQastmZTQeEg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20151229170836 dot GM25803 at vapier dot lan>
On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 9:08 AM, Mike Frysinger <email@example.com> wrote:
> On 07 Dec 2015 10:58, Zack Weinberg wrote:
>> glibc explicitly doesn't support being statically linked
> we keep it working, and we shouldn't be landing changes that explicitly break it
Are you rejecting the patch in the absence of compiler support?