This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: hi, I have a question about "MULTI_PAGE_ALIASING" in allocate_stack()
- From: Xishi Qiu <qiuxishi at huawei dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Zhangjian (Bamvor)" <bamvor dot zhangjian at huawei dot com>
- Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2015 09:18:22 +0800
- Subject: Re: hi, I have a question about "MULTI_PAGE_ALIASING" in allocate_stack()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5672B732 dot 3010706 at huawei dot com> <mvmfuz142m2 dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On 2015/12/17 21:38, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Xishi Qiu <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
>> I don't quite understand "aliasing problems", could you explain it?
> This is the first google hit:
Thank you for your help. So the "aliasing problems" is L1 cache conflict, right?
I have another three questions.
1) why we use 64K, instead of 32K, 128K...?
2) why we use "size + pagesize", instead of "size + cacheline"?
3) Does other arch have this problem too? e.g. arm