This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/3] Consolidate range reduction in sincos for x > 281474976710656
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at linaro dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2015 13:07:12 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/3] Consolidate range reduction in sincos for x > 281474976710656
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1449835910-4651-1-git-send-email-siddhesh dot poyarekar at linaro dot org> <1449835910-4651-2-git-send-email-siddhesh dot poyarekar at linaro dot org>
On Fri, 11 Dec 2015, Siddhesh Poyarekar wrote:
> Range reduction needs to be done only once for sin and cos, so copy
> over all of the relevant functions (__sin, __cos, reduce_and_compute)
> and consolidate common code.
I don't think copying large amounts of code like that is a good idea.
Rather, it would be better to arrange for this code to go in just one
place with whatever #if conditionals are required.
Joseph S. Myers