This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] malloc: Fix attached thread reference count handling [BZ #19243]
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2015 13:03:02 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] malloc: Fix attached thread reference count handling [BZ #19243]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <564B1B91 dot 30607 at redhat dot com>
On 11/17/2015 01:20 PM, Florian Weimer wrote:
> This patch does not address the deadlock scenario around list_lock and
> the fork handler.
> I tried various different approaches, and there is an immediate
> temptation to introduce proper synchronization into the arena selection
> logic. This is why I went with the minimal change for now.
> The test, while racy, is extremely reliable in practice. It usually
> crashes within one or two seconds. I have never seen it succeeding
> without the fix.