This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Enable demuxed sysv IPC syscalls
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>
- Cc: <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 3 Dec 2015 22:22:59 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] powerpc: Enable demuxed sysv IPC syscalls
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5660A8D0 dot 5090003 at linux dot vnet dot ibm dot com> <5660AFE5 dot 1060001 at linaro dot org>
On Thu, 3 Dec 2015, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
> My inclination would to avoid the __ASSUME_XXX macros definition and just
> check if the current kernel header defines of not __NR_msgctl and use it
> as the condition to enable the wire-up syscall.
I'm not clear exactly what you're suggesting. If you check like that
(whether the kernel headers, possibly for a newer kernel than the minimum
supported by that glibc build, define a syscall number) then you need a
run-time fallback if the new syscall fails with ENOSYS.
Joseph S. Myers