This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Archive rebuild to test potential stdlib.h / sys/types.h changes in glibc 2.23
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at suse dot de>
- Cc: debian-qa at lists dot debian dot org, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 10:20:09 -0500
- Subject: Re: Archive rebuild to test potential stdlib.h / sys/types.h changes in glibc 2.23
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <5648F6EC dot 9060207 at panix dot com> <mvmsi46ui0s dot fsf at hawking dot suse dot de>
On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 9:37 AM, Andreas Schwab <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Here are the first fallouts from the first patch:
Which do you mean by "the first patch"? This ...
> prog/display-buttons.c:69:4: error: unknown type name 'fd_set'
... should only be possible as a consequence of the patch numbered 0002-.
> /home/abuild/rpmbuild/BUILD/sysvinit-2.88+dsf/src/mountpoint.c:125: undefined reference to `minor'
Unfortunately, this code is going to break with either patch! It
includes neither sys/types.h nor sys/sysmacros.h and it expects the
sys/sysmacros.h definition of 'major' and 'minor'.
(Neither of these programs appears to have been written with C library
portability in mind, which is understandable considering they're both
quite Linux-specific in other ways.)