Re: Should glibc provide a builtin C.UTF-8 locale?

On 10/27/2015 05:22 AM, Mike FABIAN wrote:
      Do we care how a C.UTF-8 locale sorts outside of the ASCII range?

I think people will care about this. I expect the preference for the C locale, will be to use Unicode code point order -- at least, that's been my experience when helping to maintain GNU apps. Others might disagree....

What does (or should) collation do with encoding errors? This is not a problem for a unibyte C locale that simply uses byte values, but it will be a problem for C.UTF-8. Should encoding-error bytes be sorted after the code points, or before the code points, or what? POSIX doesn't say to do with encoding errors, but glibc should do something reasonable.