Re: First draft of the Y2038 design document

On 10/26/2015 12:12 AM, Albert ARIBAUD wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have produced a fist draft of what will eventually become the Y2038
> design document:
>
> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Y2038ProofnessDesign
>
> Questions, notes, comments, corrections can be appended to the document
> and/or discussed here.

Do you really need new system calls if the existing arguments only take
arguments specifying relative time?

On the glibc side, does symbol versioning really buy us that much?  It
seems that quite a few libraries (including libstdc++, I think) expose
relevant types in their interfaces, so these interfaces would have to be
versioned as well.  I wonder where this would end.

Florian