Re: make check build failure (tst-printf-bz18872)

On Thu, 8 Oct 2015, Steve Ellcey wrote:

> I found one other issue while doing 'make check'.  I am using GCC 4.6.3
> on MIPS and string/tester.c didn't compile due to a
> memset-transposed-args warning.  It looks like there is handling for
> this in GCC 5.0 and later but not for 4.6.

See bug 18432.  Because this warning was backported in some vendor
compilers we need a configure test rather than a simple version test to
control the warning disabling (make sure the configure test is properly
commented to explain that the option was added in GCC 5, so it's clear it
can be removed when GCC 5 is the minimum version for building glibc).

--
Joseph S. Myers
joseph@codesourcery.com