Re: Use math_narrow_eval more consistently [committed]

On Thu, 2015-09-24 at 18:08 +0000, Joseph Myers wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Sep 2015, Steve Ellcey wrote:
>
> > This patch is causing a build failure on mips16 hard-float builds.  It
> > dies with:
>
> I don't see why this would have anything to do with my patch (it's
> including math_private.h in more places, but the same set-but-not-used
> condition ought to apply to all of them), but your patch seems right for
> this case (a variable that is deliberately set but not used).

It looks like math_private.h was never included in a file that got built
for mips16 before.  If I build an earlier version of glibc and put a
deliberate syntax error in libc_fesetenv_mips that will only trigger
when building for mips16, it never triggers.

All the includes of math_private.h used to be in the ieee754/* and
math/* files.  It looks like none of the ieee754 routines are compiled
for mips16 hard-float glibc and for the math routines we have a Makefile
fragment in sysdeps/mips/mips32/mips16/fpu/Makefile that contains:

ifeq ($(subdir),math)
sysdep-CFLAGS += -mno-mips16
endif

Now we have stdlib/strtod_l.c including math_private.h and this appears
to be the only file outside of ieee754, math, or platform specific fpu
directories to include this header.

Steve Ellcey
sellcey@imgtec.com