This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: strxfrm output stability
- From: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- To: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 08 Sep 2015 23:26:52 +0200
- Subject: Re: strxfrm output stability
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55EF4F95 dot 4020703 at redhat dot com>
Florian Weimer <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Why is it acceptable to change the strxfrm output between glibc
> releases, as implied by several bug reports (e.g. bug 18927)? Doesn't
> this break backwards compatibility in a major way?
I don't think there is any guarantee of stability in the output of
strxfrm, even between different runs of the same program.
Andreas Schwab, email@example.com
GPG Key fingerprint = 58CA 54C7 6D53 942B 1756 01D3 44D5 214B 8276 4ED5
"And now for something completely different."