This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Fix BZ 18820 -- fmemopen may leak memory on failure
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Paul Pluzhnikov <ppluzhnikov at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2015 08:38:58 +0200
- Subject: Re: Fix BZ 18820 -- fmemopen may leak memory on failure
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <CALoOobM7kLWqP8Jj-d0mei7_+-=wuZS1+JUyocWSdJNDVgVsrg at mail dot gmail dot com> <20150813061306 dot GA9433 at domone> <CAPC3xapUu6suAvJnE9a5E1LecP5BCQeJ7oEyoYoq6u-VD7wLAQ at mail dot gmail dot com>
On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 11:28:48PM -0700, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 11:13 PM, OndÅej BÃlka <email@example.com> wrote:
> > On Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 10:00:31PM -0700, Paul Pluzhnikov wrote:
> >> I split out the "fix leak" part of BZ #18757 fix from
> >> https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-08/msg00315.html
> >> Tested on Linux/x86_64, no new failures.
> >> Thanks,
> > Patch itself is ok but I found other bug that we don't set error values
> > there that should also be fixed.
> Sorry, I am not following.
> This patch is explicitly to only fix the leak. The set errno is
> separate bug and separate patch (which I'll send once this one is in
> -- it depend on this test case).
> So is this patch OK as is, or are there other leaks that I am missing?
yes. Its ok as it is but we need other patch to set error values.