This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [RFC] Add IFUNC support for MIPS
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Faraz Shahbazker <Faraz dot Shahbazker at imgtec dot com>
- Cc: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 31 Jul 2015 15:30:33 +0000
- Subject: Re: [RFC] Add IFUNC support for MIPS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <DCB1C42372B1674B8F912A294CCB775A71684631 at BADAG02 dot ba dot imgtec dot org>
On Fri, 31 Jul 2015, Faraz Shahbazker wrote:
> This is a follow up on IFUNC support for MIPS. Previous patch discussion on this list was:
To what extent does the previous description apply to this patch? In
particular, as regards the ABIs and other features supported. How has
this patch been tested?
> * elf.h
glibc does not have per-subdirectory ChangeLog files (except for libidn
and localedata). So ChangeLog entries should contain the full paths to
the files relative to the toplevel glibc source directory, elf/elf.h and
I'd expect an addition to sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/mips/libc-abis for
binary compatibility checks using EI_ABIVERSION to work properly (along
with binutils setting EI_ABIVERSION to 4 when IFUNCs are used for MIPS).
Joseph S. Myers