This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
glibc build - timestamps on syslog are in UTC/GMT
- From: "S1, SRIKANTH (SRIKANTH)" <srikanth dot s1 at alcatel-lucent dot com>
- To: "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: "A, KRISHNA PRAMOD (KRISHNA PRAMOD)" <krishna_pramod dot a at alcatel-lucent dot com>
- Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 16:58:01 +0000
- Subject: glibc build - timestamps on syslog are in UTC/GMT
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
We recently built glibc 2.15 for armv7, and we notice a behavior in timestamps on syslog, by default if we do not set TZ variable all timestamps and log look fine, but when a setenv("TZ",zone,1) is done. The logs of binary which calls this code is in GMT/UTC. So is there any specifics that we need to look at?
I can attach the configure and build steps we followed if needed as well.
We are quite struggling with this issue, we referred the following documentation before none of the methods worked for us. Basically we were referring to http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/manual/html_node/TZ-Variable.html to set the timezone information for processes. But now the page is moved we see 404 page not found. Can you please advise us.
We use opensource kernel 3.10.49. we see the same issue with 2.5(for mips) and 2.8(arm 926 EJS) . only after setenv is called, logs get printed in UTC.