This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] BZ #18696: x86 bits/siginfo.h is out of date
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: "H.J. Lu" <hjl dot tools at gmail dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Walfred Tedeschi <walfred dot tedeschi at intel dot com>, Dave Hansen <dave dot hansen at linux dot intel dot com>
- Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2015 13:37:28 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] BZ #18696: x86 bits/siginfo.h is out of date
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150720173339 dot GA2439 at intel dot com>
On 07/20/2015 01:33 PM, H.J. Lu wrote:
> X86 struct siginfo in kernel 3.19 has been changed by
> commit ee1b58d36aa1b5a79eaba11f5c3633c88231da83
> Author: Qiaowei Ren <email@example.com>
> Date: Fri Nov 14 07:18:19 2014 -0800
> mpx: Extend siginfo structure to include bound violation information
> This patch adds new fields about bound violation into siginfo
> structure. si_lower and si_upper are respectively lower bound
> and upper bound when bound violation is caused.
> This patch updates x86 struct siginfo to enable GDB with MPX support.
> Fred and Dave, can you test the enclosed patch for
> /usr/include/bits/siginfo.h on GDB with MPX support?
> [BZ #18696]
> * sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/x86/bits/siginfo.h (_sigfault): Add
> (si_lower): New.
> (si_upper): Likewise.
Looks good to me.