This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Avoid mapping past end of shared object (BZ #18685)
- From: Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>
- To: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, libc-alpha at sourceware dot org, roland at hack dot frob dot com
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 09:43:29 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Avoid mapping past end of shared object (BZ #18685)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1437033625-13561-1-git-send-email-siddhesh at redhat dot com> <55A8928D dot 2090409 at redhat dot com> <20150717073516 dot GA5429 at domone>
On 07/17/2015 09:35 AM, OndÅej BÃlka wrote:
> Also could you explain how this is security risk? If that needs
> modification of elf then attacker could run arbitrary commands by
> overriding main for example.
Just because I comment on a thread doesn't mean I consider it
Or what do you mean?
Florian Weimer / Red Hat Product Security