This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: fix build errors with -DNDEBUG
- From: OndÅej BÃlka <neleai at seznam dot cz>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2015 00:54:26 +0200
- Subject: Re: fix build errors with -DNDEBUG
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <55A83361 dot 6010506 at gmail dot com>
On Thu, Jul 16, 2015 at 04:42:41PM -0600, Martin Sebor wrote:
> Building the top of trunk with the -DNDEBUG option fails due to
> local variables that are assigned to but only used in assertions,
> and due to one instance where a variable is reported as possibly
> used before initialized.
> The attached patch suppresses these errors and allows the top of
> trunk to build. Verified on powerpc64le.
> Is it still time to commit this on trunk or should it wait until
> after the release?
Such changes are considered obvious.