This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH 1/2] hppa/ia64: _dl_symbol_address: add PLT bypass for rtld
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 13:32:25 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH 1/2] hppa/ia64: _dl_symbol_address: add PLT bypass for rtld
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1436961343-4773-1-git-send-email-vapier at gentoo dot org> <20150716130439 dot GD5641 at vapier>
On 07/16/2015 09:04 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> On 15 Jul 2015 07:55, Mike Frysinger wrote:
>> This symbol is defined in the ldso, and is used both there and libc.so.
>> There is no hidden symbol for it though which leads to relocations in
>> the ldso and the elf/check-localplt test failing. Add a hidden def for
>> rtld to fix all of that.
>> This function/file is only used by hppa & ia64, so no testing is needed
>> for other arches.
> pushed both now