This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH roland/dl-fileid] Factor file identity rules out of generic rtld code.
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>, "GNU C. Library" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 16:53:09 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH roland/dl-fileid] Factor file identity rules out of generic rtld code.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150714204702 dot 117892C39F1 at topped-with-meat dot com>
On 07/14/2015 04:47 PM, Roland McGrath wrote:
> I first posted this back in February. I have gotten no objections.
> I think this patch is entirely unchanged by the fresh rebasing.
> I'd always intended to get this in before the 2.22 cut.
> OK now?
> 2015-07-14 Roland McGrath <email@example.com>
> * sysdeps/generic/dl-fileid.h: New file.
> * sysdeps/posix/dl-fileid.h: New file.
> * sysdeps/nacl/dl-fileid.h: New file.
> * include/link.h: Include <dl-fileid.h>.
> (struct link_map): Replace l_dev and l_ino with l_file_id.
> * elf/dl-load.c (_dl_map_object_from_fd): Use _dl_get_file_id rather
> than __fxstat64. Use _dl_file_id_match_p rather than comparing l_dev
> and l_ino directly. Initialize l_file_id rather than l_dev and l_ino.