This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Also flush write when reading large amount of data (BZ #18659)
- From: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh dot poyarekar at gmail dot com>
- To: Andreas Schwab <schwab at linux-m68k dot org>
- Cc: Siddhesh Poyarekar <siddhesh at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, carlos at redhat dot com
- Date: Sat, 11 Jul 2015 13:54:21 +0530
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Also flush write when reading large amount of data (BZ #18659)
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1436601380-12456-1-git-send-email-siddhesh at redhat dot com> <m2wpy7m7kc dot fsf at linux-m68k dot org>
On 11 July 2015 at 13:47, Andreas Schwab <email@example.com> wrote:
> That testcase is INVALID.
> However, the application shall ensure that output is not directly
> followed by input without an intervening call to fflush() or to a file
> positioning function (fseek(), fsetpos(), or rewind()),
Ouch, of course, I don't know how I missed that. I withdraw my patch
because an intervening fflush fixes the problem.