This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v5] Add and use new glibc-internal futex API.
- From: Torvald Riegel <triegel at redhat dot com>
- To: Roland McGrath <roland at hack dot frob dot com>
- Cc: GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, David Miller <davem at davemloft dot net>
- Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 18:41:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v5] Add and use new glibc-internal futex API.
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1434987160 dot 25759 dot 26 dot camel at localhost dot localdomain> <20150624232258 dot 9A74C2C3B00 at topped-with-meat dot com> <1435749621 dot 4216 dot 64 dot camel at localhost dot localdomain> <20150702012747 dot 1EECE2C3ABF at topped-with-meat dot com> <1435950241 dot 10077 dot 70 dot camel at localhost dot localdomain> <20150709224510 dot 6E0632C39DC at topped-with-meat dot com>
On Thu, 2015-07-09 at 15:45 -0700, Roland McGrath wrote:
> > I've removed the changes to nptl/cancellation.c from this patch because
> > I was running into build failures on i686-linux, which happen when calls
> > to __libc_fatal() or abort() exist in the code. This seems to happen
> > when IS_IN (libc) is true. I don't know why that happens but it seems
> > orthogonal to the futex API. Therefore, to move forward with the futex
> > API, I choose to simply drop the respective changes from the patch.
> The problem was in the rtld incarnation of that file. It wasn't possible
> to use __libc_fatal in rtld. I've just committed a change to fix that.
> So please put the cancellation.c change back in.
Done, and I have committed the patch.