This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][AArch64] change greg_t definition in ucontext.h
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 7 Jul 2015 11:05:22 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AArch64] change greg_t definition in ucontext.h
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <555E0986 dot 3010608 at arm dot com> <555E2239 dot 9060702 at redhat dot com> <55671A00 dot 1080603 at arm dot com> <55686FE8 dot 9000701 at redhat dot com>
On 29 May 2015 at 14:55, Carlos O'Donell <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On 05/28/2015 09:37 AM, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
>> it seems to be used in a few places (gdb, qemu,..)
>> but always under a target specific ifdef to access
>> greg_t members in mcontext.
> Is it used for AArch64 though? As far as I can tell gdb
> for AArch64 does not use greg_t.
> Either way, the present definition is broken, so the user
> could not have expected it to work in any way, but if the
> type was embedded into a structure and unused, then you
> might have an ABI breaking situation. I do not think you
> are in that case because mcontext on AArch64 doesn't use
Hi. The analysis Carlos provided looks sensible to me, go ahead and
commit your patch.