This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] pthread_once hangs when init routine throws an exception [BZ #18435]
- From: Szabolcs Nagy <szabolcs dot nagy at arm dot com>
- To: Adhemerval Zanella <adhemerval dot zanella at linaro dot org>, "libc-alpha at sourceware dot org" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2015 18:08:55 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] pthread_once hangs when init routine throws an exception [BZ #18435]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <556B7F10 dot 40209 at redhat dot com> <557741C5 dot 5060203 at redhat dot com> <559A8029 dot 1000705 at arm dot com> <559A8DAE dot 9040604 at gmail dot com> <559A9789 dot 3090805 at linaro dot org> <559AADC8 dot 4030409 at arm dot com>
On 06/07/15 17:33, Szabolcs Nagy wrote:
> On 06/07/15 15:58, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> On 06-07-2015 11:16, Martin Sebor wrote:
>>>> this broke
>>>> tests on aarch64.
>>>> the cleanup handler of the pthread_once and pthread_join
>>>> implementation don't run when they are canceled.
>>> I'll look into it as soon as I get access to an aarch64 machine.
>> And I see a regression with
>> for armhf.
> in case of aarch64 the bug is somewhere in __pthread_unwind
> (called from __do_cancel) so probably a libgcc issue.
the problem seems to be that gcc on x86_64 turns on
-fasynchronous-unwind-tables by default, but not on
aarch64 or arm.
now i added -fasynchronous-unwind-tables to the cflags
of the relevant tests, will send a patch if they pass.