This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][AArch64] Optimize strlen
- From: Marcus Shawcroft <marcus dot shawcroft at gmail dot com>
- To: Wilco Dijkstra <wdijkstr at arm dot com>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2015 15:42:35 +0100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][AArch64] Optimize strlen
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <002a01d031b3$51a020a0$f4e061e0$ at com>
On 16 January 2015 at 17:39, Wilco Dijkstra <email@example.com> wrote:
> Optimize the strlen implementation by using a page cross check and a fast check
> for nul bytes which reverts to separate loop when a non-ASCII char is encountered.
> Speedup on test-strlen is ~10%, long ASCII strings are processed ~60% faster,
> and on random tests it is ~80% better.
> 2015-01-16 Wilco Dijkstra <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> * sysdeps/aarch64/strlen.S (strlen): Optimize strlen.