This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCHv6] Update the i18n, UTF-8, and translit_* files to Unicode 8.0.0
- From: Marko Myllynen <myllynen at redhat dot com>
- To: Mike FABIAN <mfabian at redhat dot com>, GLIBC Devel <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Pravin Satpute <psatpute at redhat dot com>, Jens Petersen <petersen at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2015 10:02:20 +0300
- Subject: Re: [PATCHv6] Update the i18n, UTF-8, and translit_* files to Unicode 8.0.0
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <s9dlhfbd5i6 dot fsf at ari dot site> <55890F4C dot 7030309 at redhat dot com> <s9dwpyuc0ey dot fsf_-_ at ari dot site> <558AD8AA dot 5060606 at redhat dot com> <s9dwpymirto dot fsf_-_ at ari dot site>
- Reply-to: myllynen at redhat dot com
On 2015-06-29 16:09, Mike FABIAN wrote:
> Marko Myllynen <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> On 2015-06-23 11:08, Mike FABIAN wrote:
>>> Marko Myllynen <email@example.com> wrote:
>>>> On 2015-06-22 20:20, Mike FABIAN wrote:
>>>>> Subject: [PATCH 2/5] Addition and fixes for translit_neutral
>>> A new patch set is attached.
>> I think there are still few additional somewhat often used characters
>> that could be included in translit_neutral, please see the attached
>> patch for suggestions. Perhaps you could spin new patches with these
>> included in case you agree they're useful to have?
> I included these.
> Marko also noticed that transliterating
> U+2260 NOT EQUAL just to = (by doing the canonical expansion and dropping
> the combining character U+0338 is not nice because it reverses the
> Therefore, I changed gen_translit_combining a bit to make exceptions for
> these negated mathematical symbols.
> New patch set attached.
looks good to me.