This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PING 3] Re: [PATCH] pthread_once hangs when init routine throws an exception [BZ #18435]
- From: Joseph Myers <joseph at codesourcery dot com>
- To: Martin Sebor <msebor at gmail dot com>
- Cc: Rich Felker <dalias at libc dot org>, Martin Sebor <msebor at redhat dot com>, GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2015 21:27:03 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PING 3] Re: [PATCH] pthread_once hangs when init routine throws an exception [BZ #18435]
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <556B7F10 dot 40209 at redhat dot com> <557741C5 dot 5060203 at redhat dot com> <557F2624 dot 6000503 at redhat dot com> <55886830 dot 80000 at redhat dot com> <5593256B dot 5060402 at redhat dot com> <20150701000623 dot GA1173 at brightrain dot aerifal dot cx> <55944B0B dot 5090808 at gmail dot com>
On Wed, 1 Jul 2015, Martin Sebor wrote:
> On 06/30/2015 06:06 PM, Rich Felker wrote:
> > On Tue, Jun 30, 2015 at 05:25:31PM -0600, Martin Sebor wrote:
> > > Are there any unresolved concerns with or objections to this
> > > patch?
> > >
> > > https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-06/msg00348.html
> > I still object to enshrining this usage as a supported feature, but I
> > don't object to the patch. In particular I think GCC should fix its
> > invalid usage of pthread_once to implement the 'equivalent' C++
> > threads primitive.
> Thank you. The patch has been committed.
If the patch fully fixes the bug, please close it as fixed.
Joseph S. Myers