Re: Principles for syscall wrappers, again

On 05/23/2015 04:20 AM, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Roland McGrath <roland@hack.frob.com> writes:
>
>> We could provide OS-specific ABIs in an OS-specific shared library,
>> e.g. libinux-syscalls.so.N.
>
> Wouldn't it be small enough to make it static-only?  I think the
> OS-specific syscalls are unlikely be used in many places.

What about the security implications of this? Say if we find a bug
in the argument handling on the glibc side? Or cancellation on the
glibc side?

For the record I like Roland's propose of a libinux-syscalls.so.N,
but would want it to be AS_NEEDED, since to be useful it must be
transparent to the average GNU/Linux user.

Cheers,
Carlos.