Re: Fix sysdeps/unix/sysv/linux/arm/libc-do-syscall.S warning

On 03/05/2015 06:51 PM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> Joseph fixed the warning in this one .S file by undefining the symbol.
> since the warning originated in features.h and can be triggered by any
> .S file (in glibc or non-glibc code), i suggested maybe we change the
> features.h header instead so we never have to worry about it again.  i
> don't see that as superfluous ... more fixing it in the right place.

I agree. My point is that we should do what's right for glibc first.
If there are two ways to fix this in glibc, and one way involves modifying
any assembly that includes the header, and the other solves the problem
once, then the changes to header are a better solution, for glibc, in my
opinion. This doesn't take into account any user requirements to include
the header in assembly files.

> to the larger question Joseph and you raise, i don't have an answer for
> that.  i don't think we've even thought about it beyond specific requests.

Exactly my point, and we shouldn't worry about it until we get such requests.

Cheers,
Carlos.