This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH][BZ #16145] Reduce lock contention in __tz_convert()
- From: Kevin Easton <kevin at guarana dot org>
- To: Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 26 Feb 2015 23:44:18 +1100
- Subject: Re: [PATCH][BZ #16145] Reduce lock contention in __tz_convert()
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20150211133719 dot GA19495 at chicago dot guarana dot org> <20150224050158 dot GF13523 at vapier> <20150225152908 dot GA11320 at chicago dot guarana dot org> <20150225191101 dot GL6655 at vapier> <54EE264E dot 4070805 at cs dot ucla dot edu>
On Wed, Feb 25, 2015 at 11:45:18AM -0800, Paul Eggert wrote:
> On 02/25/2015 11:11 AM, Mike Frysinger wrote:
> >blah, i was thinking it was a local. man i hate global state
> Me too. Is this a good time to mention the project to add to glibc
> thread-safe TZ functions, a la the reference TZ code? They don't
> have global state.
Yes - that should share a lot of code, I'll keep that in mind.
Are those functions on the POSIX standardisation radar?