Re: GNU C LIbrary 2.21 freeze date -- January 9th.

On 11-01-2015 22:34, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
> On 01/07/2015 12:44 PM, Adhemerval Zanella wrote:
>> On 06-01-2015 18:04, Carlos O'Donell wrote:
>>> Does anyone object to a freeze date of January 9th, this friday?
>>>
>>> Please see the release page for more details:
>>> https://sourceware.org/glibc/wiki/Release/2.21
>>>
>>> Desired blockers should be up and on that page, and I'll be
>>> reviewing them shortly.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> Carlos.
>>>
>> I am fine with this date and I have update the release wiki.
> Thanks.
>
>> For this
>> release I would like to push
>>
>>  * New POSIX-compliance '''fmemopen''': I sent it on last release, but
>>    since it was near the closing date, I postpone to this one.  I really
>>    would like to push it on 2.21
>>    * https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-12/msg00226.html
>>    * https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-12/msg00227.html
> Please get these reviewed and checked in ASAP.

>From your latest message I am ok with postpone it to 2.22.  It would be good
if we do not drag it another release.

>>  * Add x86 32 bit vDSO time function support
>>    * https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-12/msg00229.html
> Likewise.

I pinged it last week and I will resend the patch again today.

>>  * Transactional Lock Elision for PowerPC: I plan to push it this week if
>>    no one objects.
>>    * https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-12/msg00634.html
>>    * https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-12/msg00635.html
>>    * https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-12/msg00636.html
>>
>>  * powerpc64 optimized string implementations: I also plan to push it soon,
>>    I just checking the latest patch (strcmp) Ondrej message.
>>    * https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-12/msg00912.html
>>    * https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-12/msg00913.html
>>    * https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2014-12/msg00878.html
>>    * https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-01/msg00004.html
>>    * https://sourceware.org/ml/libc-alpha/2015-01/msg00158.html
> These are up to you.

I just pushed the Lock Elision patches upstream and I will push the string
optimization shortly.  I also want to push 3 more patch to powerpc64
string optimization.  I will send them shortly.