This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: Improve generic stpcpy performance
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>, "libc-alpha >> Glibc Development List" <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2014 10:49:59 -0500
- Subject: Re: Improve generic stpcpy performance
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <549802E5 dot 2010702 at arm dot com>
On 12/22/2014 06:39 AM, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> I noticed while going through some benchmark results that the generic
> stpcpy was substantially slower than the simple_stpcpy in the benchmark
> So, similar to Wilko's recent strcpy patch, this patch uses the same
> approach for stpcpy.
> Note that it does not help to use mempcpy, since that returns a value
> that points beyond the end of the copied data.
> * string/stpcpy.c (__stpcpy): Rewrite using strlen and memcpy.
Please check this in. Thanks for making the generic routines faster.
They will all soon depend on a fast memcpy, but that's almost expected.