This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[PING^2] [PATCH v3] [BZ #14161] strptime %z ranges
- From: James Perkins <james at loowit dot net>
- To: GNULibC List <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>
- Cc: Carlos O'Donell <carlos at redhat dot com>, Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>, Paul Eggert <eggert at cs dot ucla dot edu>
- Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2014 14:28:45 -0800
- Subject: [PING^2] [PATCH v3] [BZ #14161] strptime %z ranges
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
The v3 version of my patches I posted here on Dec 03 addressed
prior concerns raised by Will Newton and Paul Eggert.
1) Patch v3 added tests for the existing problems and their
correction, as well as the range change.
2) Patch v3 extended the bounds of the conversion for %z string to
tm_gmtoff +/- 99 hours 59 minutes. Paul felt it needed to be
at minimum meet other POSIX implementations (+/- 2359 hours)
so that large historical time offsets could be parsed, and
did not suggest any upper bound.
3) Patch v3, where commented, uses initial capital, full sentence,
period and two spaces.
Any additional concerns or constructive comments from anyone?
For reference, the patches are in the mailing list archive at
the URLs listed below:
[PATCH v3 1/4] [BZ #14161] tst-strptime2.c: add %z minute and range
[PATCH v3 2/4] [BZ #16141] strptime: fix %z minutes calculation
[PATCH v3 3/4] [BZ #14161] tst-strptime2.c: test %z range to +/-9959
[PATCH v3 4/4] [BZ #16141] strptime: extend %z range to +/-9959
James Perkins <firstname.lastname@example.org> www.loowit.net/~james