This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
[COMMITTED] Label CVE-2014-9402 in NEWS
- From: Allan McRae <allan at archlinux dot org>
- To: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:03:17 +1000
- Subject: [COMMITTED] Label CVE-2014-9402 in NEWS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
NEWS | 5 +++--
1 file changed, 3 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)
diff --git a/NEWS b/NEWS
index 05b398e..6b34b13 100644
@@ -26,8 +26,9 @@ Version 2.21
* CVE-2012-3406 printf-style functions could run into a stack overflow when
processing format strings with a large number of format specifiers.
-* The nss_dns implementation of getnetbyname could run into an infinite loop
- if the DNS response contained a PTR record of an unexpected format.
+* CVE-2014-9402 The nss_dns implementation of getnetbyname could run into an
+ infinite loop if the DNS response contained a PTR record of an unexpected
* The minimum GCC version that can be used to build this version of the GNU
C Library is GCC 4.6. Older GCC versions, and non-GNU compilers, can