This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH] Require bison 2.7 or newer for regenerating intl/plural.y
- From: "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>
- To: sellcey at imgtec dot com, Will Newton <will dot newton at linaro dot org>
- Cc: libc-alpha at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2014 17:13:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Require bison 2.7 or newer for regenerating intl/plural.y
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <1418319179-18894-1-git-send-email-will dot newton at linaro dot org> <1418853902 dot 15724 dot 1 dot camel at ubuntu-sellcey>
On 12/17/2014 05:05 PM, Steve Ellcey wrote:
> On Thu, 2014-12-11 at 17:32 +0000, Will Newton wrote:
>> The merge of the latest gettext code introduced changes to the yacc
>> parser source that are incompatible with versions of bison older
>> than 2.7. Add a configure check for the appropriate versions and
>> document the requirement in INSTALL.
>> 2014-12-11 Will Newton <email@example.com>
>> * INSTALL: Document that we require bison 2.7 or above.
>> * configure: Regenerate.
>> * configure.ac: Use AC_CHECK_PROG_VER instead of
>> AC_PATH_PROG when checking for bison and check for
>> version 2.7 or above.
> This patch fixes the build problem I have on ubuntu 12.04 with bison
> 2.5. Can someone approve it for checkin?
You can approve it yourself! This is a consensus-based project.
Review Will's patch, and between the two of you can decide if the
patch is simple enough, and obvious enough that two people agreeing
constitutes consensus for the fix.
We want to keep gettext in sync, and if that means bison 2.7, then that's
fine. Bison 2.7 has been around for two years and is quite stable.
The two of you could have come to that conclusion and checked in the change.
Please empower yourself to review code and help others checkin their changes.